Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sick Baby

We spent our Saturday night in the ER with MK. Her first, and hopefully last, ER visit. She was running high fever and screaming out in pain for no reason. After being there for 5 hours they sent us home and told us she had some kind of virus, which made her have fever, and a bowel block (constipation). I was very irritated, I knew there was something wrong with my child and they were just 'shooing' us out of there. *Note: They took her blood, urine and did a x-ray, they told us all came back normal*

So I scheduled an appointment to meet with the pedi yesterday morning. Before the pedi did anything she looked at the blood work from the hospital. The first thing she said was 'Did they check for Mono?' The pedi said her mono cells in her blood were very high. Anyway, after running more tests we discovered she in fact has Mono, and it is well established. In addition to the Mono she has ulcers all in her mouth and down her throught, and puss pockets on her tonsils. Therefore, when we were in the ER on Saturday they could have discovered that, ALL of that. The sores were in her mouth when we were at the ER.

So needless to say I was pretty hot! My pedi said she will be contacting the hospital. The hospital sends out surveys, and when I get one they are not going to like what I have to say.

MK has been miserable, as have we since we don't get any sleep either. She hasn't eaten an entire meal since Thursday night and hasn't sleep through the night since then either. Last night was better, she only woke up 3 times, and when she woke up this morning she seemed to be in a good mood. We will see.

1 comment:

Abigail Delphenich said...

Is she better yet? How is she doing?