Yes that's right, we had a kid free weekend. You may be wondering why I am just now getting around to blogging about it, so let me tell you. My mom came and got MK on Thursday night and took her to her house for the weekend. I thought I would have a big problem with it, but I did not. We were so busy getting the house ready for the big upcoming birthday we did not have much time to sit down and miss our girls.
Friday I substituted at the Brownsboro Junior High School, it was fun. Friday night we went to Texas Roadhouse, date #1. Then we came home and went straight to bed, we were pooped.
Saturday Bud got up and cooked me breakfast and then we went our separate ways for the morning time. He worked outside on the yard and I worked inside on the house, deep cleaning. Around 4pm we got ready and drove to the Country Tavern in Kilgore to have ribs, well worth the drive, date #2. Then we came home and built a fire and listened to music under the stars and next to the fire, I suppose that can be considered as date #3.
Sunday, we slept in. We still had housework/yard work to get done so we finished that up before leaving to go get MK around 4pm in Terrell. Bud mulched the flower beds, mowed the yard and pasture, cleaned out the shed, and prolly a lot more that I do not know about. I cleaned this house, top to bottom, and loved every minute of it.
We had a great weekend and were so excited to see our baby girl yesterday!! It was great to have some much needed alone time, but also great to have her home. We will see Delanie tomorrow so then we will be complete. The house is ready for the party, and so are we!!






No comments:
Post a Comment