Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 17, 2007

Chicken Fried Steak



I made Chicken Fried Steak for the first time, EVER, tonight. And let me just tell you, it was SO yummy. In the words of Rachel Ray...YUM-O! Mine looked a bit different than the picture above but it was so scruptious. Homemade mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, steam squash and beans fell along the side of this lucious piece of meat. Man oh man was it good!!! My crust had a problem staying on but I think I did very well for my very first time. It made a HUGE mess, but my wonderful husband cleaned it all up.

Growing up we never had fried food. If we wanted it fried we went somewhere else to get it. Bud's favorite food is Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Taters and gravy. Anytime I ask him what he wants to eat, that is his answer. So I figured I am going to have to learn to cook it sometime. With the help of a couple people I got it figured out, to some degree (it still needs work), and we look forward to the next Chicken Fried Steak Meal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay.. share the wealth of knowledge given to you by...John? Anyway, tell me the tips so I can try it! :) I'm scared......