Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 19, 2008

New Dog

Bud and Delanie's dog, Chief, died suddenly on Tuesday of last week. Delanie, and Bud for that matter, were devastated. Bud buried him and then took Delanie out there to show her where he is. We told her we would plant a rose bush there so she would always know where he is. So this weekend she picked out an orange rose bush and Bud planted it for her. She has visited him several times since Bud planted it.

Well on Wednesday morning when Bud left for work, 3:30am, he heard a whimpering coming from under the porch. There was a puppy under there but he would not come out for Bud. Bud had to hurry on to work and was unable to worry with it at that point. Well I got up and went in to Tyler that day as well and before leaving the house I too tried to lured the dog out from under the porch, no luck. So by the time we all made it home that night around 7:30pm the dog was still under the porch. Bud finally lured him out with some sausage. He is so sweet, cuddly and so darn cute. (I didn't think so at first, the last thing I wanted was a puppy to poo and pee in my house!!) Thursday night he slept with Delanie but I am still hesitant about having an inside dog. So Bud and Delanie made a play yard for him out beside the house and he even has a dog house underneath the tree. They worked hard this weekend to get that accomplished and it looks wonderful. We named him Diesel, suites our family perfectly. Diesel loves it out there as well. When I took him to the vet on Friday for his shots the vet said he is a Catahoula cowdog mix.



No comments: