Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

MK's Allergies

I know I have not posted Halloween pictures yet...just be patient. Just read my most recent challenge to tide you over.

We went to an allergist yesterday to have MK's allergy tested. I just thought she was allergic to Tomatoes and Strawberries. Well that is not the case, she can have all the tomatoes and strawberries she wants.

So you say, Yay, she has no allergies to food, WRONG!! MK is allergic to WHEAT, CORN, Cats & Chocolate. Well the cats is no problem, I am allergic to cats and hate them anyway, (no offense cat lovers). As for the chocolate she is too young for that anyway, so who cares.

Ok, you may not thing Wheat and corn are that big of a deal, however, start reading food labels. Wheat is in EVERYTHING...Wheat Flour, Wheat Starch, etc. Corn is in a lot of things as well...Corn Starch, Corn Syrup, etc.

So Last night the pedi called our house at 6:30 to inform me that she has been studying MK's results and it is imperative that we change her whole diet and see a nutritionist ASAP. MK has had bowel problems since she was 6 months old, and these allergies are the reason why!!

Breads, cereals, cereal bars...just start reading the labels and thinking of everything we are limited to. I am fine with it, I love a challenge. We will be regulars at the local Granery in Tyler.

This website is helping me a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW...So sorry to hear about MK's allergies. I know you are on top of it and will get it all settled for her! It was great catching up on your blog. I check it once in a while. Hugs! Cindy